Following are the difference between a muffin and a cupcake:
• Muffins have more flavour and less sugar.
• Muffins may be topped with a sugary glaze or streusel.
• The main difference between then is of mixing, muffins are all about bread like brownies.
• In muffins try ingredients and wet ingredients are mixed separately then mixed together.
• Cupcakes have more sugar and less flavour.
• Cupcakes are usually topped with icing, ganache and buttercream frosting.
• While muffins are all about bread like brownies, cupcakes are made as to the sturdier versions of cakes.
• In cupcakes, all the ingredients (both dry and wet) are mixed together to make it creamier.